Using tap water to make baby formula may not be a sensible decision given the possible contaminants that can exist in tap water nowadays. In case you are a parent, please read this short article in its entirety. I have some valuable information to share with you. Are you mindful of just how vulnerable your baby is?
1. Microbial Threats – Inside the spring of 1993 a microscopic parasite called Cryptosporidium parvum was responsible for over 100 deaths in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It arrived via the city’s water supply because a water treatment plant neglected to filter it all out. Nowadays stricter regulations help to make sure that our water to drink is monitored and treated efficiently before ending up at our taps.
However we should not relax since there still are a number of waterborne bacteria that still cause illnesses. A list includes nontyphoid Salmonella, pathogenic Escherichia coli and Legionella. All are still very active, Legionella grows vigorously in warm water, including in a shower where it can be inhaled with the steam.
2. Lead – Probably the most feared of all contaminants because of the damage it can cause towards the brain. A recent sampling of tap water in Washington D.C. exposed lead levels 5 times the EPA standard. The lead is most likely to come from the own household plumbing. This can happen should your house has lead pipes, or copper pipes soldered with lead and it also depends on the age of your house.
In reality the EPA recommend that you just use cold water for cooking, drinking and especially to make baby formula. It is because your hot water is probably to contain higher concentrations of lead. You happen to be on the greatest risk from your exposure to lead in case you are a young child or should you be pregnant
3. Chlorinated Solvents – Do you use any of these, drain cleaners, shoe polish, waxes, oven cleaners? These contain chlorinated solvents, they belong to a chemical family which is widely used in household and industrial processes. In 2006 examples of h2o in twelve states were examined and ten percent were contaminated with chlorinated solvents.
4. Chemical Contaminants – Through the years we have now produced many synthetic organic chemicals like antibiotics, herbicides, pesticides to list but several. Most of these find their way into our water supplies through various means, whether from illegal dumping of waste material or through the action of rain water. Once these wind up in our water to drink they posses a really real threat to our health.
Once they do wind up in our water supply, based on the authorities they are at “this kind of low concentration that they do not pose any adverse health risk to consumers.” It appears very comforting, however I would ask what about the long term being exposed to these low concentrations? A small degree of pollutant probably would not affect an adult, but what would it do in order to a young child?
5. Chlorine – Chlorine has been used in our water supply for approximately 100 years now. It is still a valuable and effective disinfectant, and it keeps working all the way approximately your tap. However chlorine comes with an Achilles heel, water naturally contains organic matter and once this comes into contact with chlorine the result is disinfection by-products. These by-products can affect the healthiness of your central nervous system, liver and kidneys.
Your baby is incredibly susceptible to anyone these contaminants so it’s a smart idea to stop using tap water to create baby formula today. What you ought to do is get an effective water purifier. May I suggest a combination of ixoqvx carbon filters, ion exchange, and sub micron filtration. This helps remove of virtually all the contaminants contained in water. If possible, get a whole house water system and be sure you utilize purified water for your baby’s needs. In this way, you can make sure that your baby stays safe and healthy.